Student Procedures when building alarm sounds
Student Procedures for when building alarm sounds:
- Feel your room door and metal edge to see if warm. If warm, remain in room and call for help.
- Wake roommate/suitemates/apartment-mates.
- Turn on lights.
- Close doors.
- Exit by using stairs. Do not use elevators.
- If the alarm stops ringing, continue to evacuate building.
- Clear building by at least 100 feet and go to designated staging areas.
- Wear appropriate clothing if possible.
- Remain clear of service roads so emergency vehicles may pass.