Changes in Registration
Registration change forms are available from the registrar’s office or my.central.edu. Policies governing such changes are as follows:
- Registration changes (adds, drops, withdrawals) must be approved by students’ academic advisor and, at times, the course instructor.
- Full-semester courses dropped during the official drop/add period (typically before the second Friday of classes; see the official academic calendar for drop/add dates) will not appear on the transcript.
- Courses dropped after the official drop/add period and before the end of the 12th week of the semester will appear on transcripts with a grade of “W” (withdrawn), and no tuition or fee refunds will be made.
- Withdrawal from any courses after the end of the 12th week of the semester is not permitted and students will receive the grade earned as determined by the instructor.
- Under unusual circumstances, a student may appeal to the registrar for a waiver of these policies.
For courses that do not meet for the entire semester (e.g., 1 credit courses that end at midterm):
- Students may add or drop through the first week of class. Dropped courses will not result in a transcript notation.
- Withdrawals after the first week but before 75 percent of the regularly scheduled class sessions have been conducted will be noted with a grade of “W” on the student transcript.
- Withdrawal after 75 percent of the regularly scheduled class sessions have been conducted is not permitted and a grade (A-F, P, NC) will be issued by the instructor.