Voluntary and Medical Withdrawals

Students who wish to withdraw entirely from the college must complete a withdrawal form and send to the registrar’s office.  Medical withdrawals are granted by the associate dean for curriculum & faculty development, these may be voluntary or may be initiated by the college for a student who is in need of professional help that is extensive or unavailable at the college.  Students living on campus who withdraw from the college must vacate their residence hall room within 24 hours.

Students who withdraw prior to the start of classes or during the official drop/add period will be dropped from their courses without a transcript notation.  Students who withdraw after the official drop/add period and before the end of the 12th week of class will receive a ‘W’ (withdraw) grade on the transcript for each full-semester course in which they are currently registered. Students who withdraw after the 12th week of the term will receive the grade earned in the course as determined by the instructor.  The courses and term for which the student enrolled may be counted for satisfactory academic progress purposes. Students who received financial aid will have the term counted as one of their terms of financial aid used toward the maximum financial aid eligibility.  For refund policy information see “College Costs” p. 16.

A transcript notation will indicate that a student has withdrawn from the institution (e.g., Withdrawn MM/DD/YYYY).  Students who withdraw from the college and later wish to re-enroll should consult the policies governing re-entry.