Visitors are welcomed to visit student rooms within the following guidelines. A visitor is defined as anyone visiting a resident for a short period of time (usually less than 3 days).
- Visitors of the opposite gender are restricted to the public areas (lounges, recreation rooms, laundry rooms, stairwells or kitchens) of the housing unit, except during the times the visitation hours are in effect.
- Residents are responsible for their guest(s) while in the living unit. Residents are also responsible for their guests' observance of all college policies. (See Guest Policy Click here to go to the Guest Policy)
- Everyone is responsible for the safety of all. Therefore, unescorted guests and/or strangers should be challenged by residents to reduce unwanted guests in the residence halls and houses.
- Maximum visitation hours for residence halls or those houses/pods without a community expectations agreement:
Sunday through Thursday – 9:00am - midnight
Friday and Saturday – 9:00am – 2:00am
- Corridor residents may further limit visitation hours on the majority vote of residents living in the designated area. Limited hours must be coordinated by the Area Coordinator.
- The rights of a roommate, suitemate, or pod-mate ALWAYS supersede those of a guest. A guest whose behavior or presence detracts from the community atmosphere or impinges on any resident will be required to immediately vacate housing facilities. Room occupants are responsible for their guest(s) observance of all college policies. Residents understand that failure to do so may result in being charged with and held accountable for a violation that their guest commits.
- Only residents assigned to a room are allowed to live there and keep their belongings in that room. The presence of someone else’s clothing, toiletries, etc. may be interpreted as cohabitation and is subject to disciplinary action.