Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program available to 200 eligible Central students. It is the purpose of SSS to assist students in achieving their educational goals and to enhance the college experience by providing opportunities for social, emotional, and cultural growth. All eligible students are assured equal access to programs, with the eventual outcome being successful graduation from college. The program provides the following support services:
- Introduction to College Success Courses to make the transition into college a positive experience
- Peer instructors to answer questions or concerns
- Professional tutors, peer tutors, and group study sessions to assist with academic challenges.
- Opportunities to attend cultural events, participate in service activities, attend leadership seminars, and experience other activities.
- Professional counseling for academic, career, or personal concerns
- Laptops and textbook labs for student assistance
- Preparation and visits to graduate schools for SSS participants
- Seminars, workshops, and financial literacy videos to enhance financial aid options and money management
- Individualized accommodations for students with documented disabilities