Academic advising resource documents are available through mycentral. (See Academic Advising at Central). From this site you can access an advising handbook, study abroad advising guides, four-year plans for each major, and general information.
The goals of academic advising are to:
- Provide accurate information about educational options, requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Assist students in keeping accurate records of progress toward graduation. However, the student has the ultimate responsibility of keeping track of records and requirements.
- Assist the student in understanding and reaching the goals of a liberal education as defined in the Mission and Goals of the college.
- Develop in the student a sense of responsibility for educational progress.
- Help the student clarify personal values and goals.
- Assist in planning educational programs consistent with the student's interests and abilities.
- Direct and guide the progress of each student within an academic major.