V. Steps to Take Immediately Following Sexual and/or Physical Violence

If a person experiences sexual and/or physical violence, many do not know where to turn for help or what steps to take. Although the choices about which options to explore rest with the victim, those who experience sexual or physical violence should consider the following steps:  

For those who experience sexual violence, a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (a specially trained nurse) at the Pella Regional Health Center Emergency Room is on call (call Crisis Intervention Services at 1-800-270-1620 or go directly to the Emergency Room at 405 Monroe, Pella). Other clinical options include:

Pella Medical Center – Emergency/Urgent Care
405 Monroe
Pella, IA 50219
641-621-2200 (24/7 Nurseline)
Pella Regional Health Center Medical Clinic
404 Jefferson
Pella, IA 50219
641-621-2200 (24/7 Nurseline)

Planned Parenthood
For health centers in Iowa: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/ia
or call 877-811-7526

Please be aware that hospital personnel may be obligated to contact proper authorities regarding reported violence. Although you are not obligated to do so, those who experience sexual and/or physical violence are highly encouraged to take advantage of victim’s services to help understand options for off-campus proceedings and receive counseling.

Central College Counseling Services
Maytag 231

Crisis Intervention Services
207 A Ave. E, Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Office: 641-673-0336
Shelter: 641-673-5499
24/7 Emergency hotline: 1-800-270-1620

Pella Community Center
712 Union St.
Pella, IA

Capstone – Newton

Capstone – Grinnell

Iowa Victim Service Call Center
Text ‘IowaHelp’ to 20121

Heartland Christian Counseling Pella Clinic 
2611 Washington, Pella

Life Point Counseling
611 Main, Pella


A list of existing Campus and Community Resources for counseling, emergency/safety/security, health, legal assistance, mental health, student financial aid, Title IX coordinator, victim advocacy, visa and immigration assistance for students and employees is included in the Clery Annual Security Report and can be found at https://www.central.edu/policies/policy/682.